Supervisory Essentials: Leadership and Development Skills
This is a past event.
Wednesday, September 12, 2018 at 8:30am to 12:30pm
FI75 - FIU at I-75, 427
1930 SW 145th AVE 33027, FIU at I-75, Miramar, Florida 33027
This seminar is designed to emphasize the role of leadership in maintaining and developing your organization and their employees. Participants will be exposed to concepts: 1) concerning leadership in organizations; 2) for diagnosing human behavior in organizations; 3) for the application of leadership principles to the organization and its employees. The primary objective of the session is to provide participants with an understanding of the concept of leadership in organizational settings and the role of organizational leaders.
Leaders need skills to build organizations, this module gives the personal, interpersonal and group skills to be influential in one-on-one situations, facilitate group performance and become an effective leader. Participants will develop interpersonal skills that help them communicate, listen and handle conflicts and become more effective at influencing others. They will learn to work with groups and teams to solve problems and accomplish projects, hold performance discussions that result in changed behavior and enhance productivity and recognize their strengths/weaknesses.
- Enhancing participants understanding of alternative theories (the whys) of organizational leadership
- Assisting participants in developing an understanding of the potential differences between organizational leadership and to organizational management
- Providing participants with an opportunity to apply alternative concepts to a number of organizational situations including a personal leadership situation
- Understanding good leadership behaviors
- Learning the difference between leadership and management
- Gaining insight into your patterns, beliefs and rules
- Defining qualities and strengths
- Determining how well you perceive what's going on around you
- Enhancing interpersonal skills and communication Skills
- Learning about commitment and how to move things forward
- Making key decisions
- Handling your and other people's stress
- Empowering, motivating and inspiring others
- Leading by example
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR
Dr. Kate Sosa
Dr. Kate Sosa has over 10 years of experience in the human resource development and strategic planning field. She has worked with Fortune 500 companies such as Walt Disney World and YUM! Corporations. Her most recent experience includes running a successful management company and working with the City of Miami Beach as a Senior Management Consultant. Kate has a doctorate in human resource development and a master’s in business administration. Dr. Kate’s workshops have an engaging, participative and interactive delivery style to ensure maximum effectiveness for immediate implementation of new skills and knowledge.