Faculty Reading Group Real Change: Mindfulness to Heal Ourselves and the World by Sharon Salzberg
This is a past event.
Wednesday, April 28 at 4:00pm to 5:20pmVirtual Event
"I've learned that the path of connecting in hard places in made a lot easier by the company of others who are also trying."
In this timely book, renowned mindfulness teacher Sharon Salzberg explores mindfulness as a nourishing and sustaining tool that can provide the impetus and energy for social change. Salzberg offers readers practical techniques and advice for:
- Moving from a sense of overwhelming to an awareness of the agency
- Cultivating a capacity to experience joy amid hurt
- Meeting anger with an open fist
- Working through grief towards resilience
- Seeing assumptions more clearly and working to dissolve biases
- Growing the capacity for a wider perspective and spacious equanimity
- Finding strength in community
Join Professor-Facilitator Rosario Lozada (College of Law) and other faculty colleagues to discuss this empowering and deeply relevant work. This reading group includes brief guided mindfulness practices. Kindly note that this group will meet via Zoom on two occasions: