FIU in DC - Hamilton Scholars Information Session
This is a past event.
Wednesday, October 19, 2022 at 1:00pm
GC - Graham University Center, 271 A
11200 SW 8th ST, Graham University Center, Miami, Florida 33199
The Hamilton Scholars Program is a selective opportunity for FIU undergraduate student advocates who are seeking to make an impact in the issue area about which they are most passionate, and launch their careers during an academic semester in person in the nation's capital.
Two information sessions available:
VIRTUAL: Thursday, October 13, 2022 from 10a-11am via Zoom (Click Here)
IN PERSON: Wednesday, October 19, 2022 from 1-2pm in GC 271 A (No RSVP Required)
The Hamilton Scholars cohort will consist of a wide cross section of majors, including from the arts, social sciences and STEM fields.
Selected scholars will:
- Complete a paid internship in the Washington, D.C. area
- Receive a scholarship to assist with expenses
- Have access to housing options with other FIU Hamilton Scholars
- Take and receive 3 academic credits for The Washington Seminar course
- Network through regular professional development sessions
Learn more about the program and get your questions answered during an information session taking place virtually!