FIU Spring 2022 Virtual Career Fair (BUSINESS MAJORS)
This is a past event.
Wednesday, March 23 at 11:00am to 3:00pmVirtual Event
LIVE SUPPORT: Our staff will be available today starting at 10:00 AM EST via Zoom to provide tech support and answer questions about the fair: https://fiu.zoom.us/j/91944073204
Register today for the Business Majors Virtual Career Fair in Spring! This is an opportunity to explore current job and internship opportunities with leading companies, organizations, and government agencies in a virtual setting.
Date: March 23, 2022
Time: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Platform and Registration: Handshake
Career fairs are a great way to get a leg up with companies that interest you. A virtual format will enhance the experience, allowing you to:
Meet with employers. Interact with recruiters through video, audio, or chat.
Discover new career opportunities. Get personalized recommendations based on your Handshake profile for which employers to connect with.
Never wait in line, ever. Pre-schedule 1:1 or group sessions with employers ahead of the fair or on the day-of.
Make an impression. Bring your unique perspective to the table, ask great questions, and follow up with recruiters after the fair.
Over the coming weeks, we’ll follow up with more information on registration and how to use Handshake to navigate a virtual career fair. In the meantime, here are some tips to help you prep for the Virtual Business Career Fair:
- Create a resume highlighting your academic, professional, and leadership experience.
- Upload your resume into Handshake to have it critiqued by the Office of Business Career Management.
- Update your profile. Some employers set qualifications to define which students can register for their sessions. To ensure you qualify for employer sessions, make sure your school year, major, GPA, and work authorization status are up-to-date on your profile.
- You must sign up for employer sessions in advance. You can only attend sessions you registered for. Registration closes when a session begins or reaches capacity. Check out this article to learn how to register.
- Double check your technology. You’ll need an internet connection, speakers and a microphone, and a supported device. Learn more about technical requirements for virtual fairs here.
On the Day of the Virtual Business Fair:
- Make sure to have a good and strong internet connection and that your audio/video works properly
- Although the event is virtual you MUST Dress professionally as many of you will video chat with employers (they will SEE you)
- Make sure to have easy access to your resume
- Have a list of your pre- scheduled sessions with employers
- Be confident and deliver your elevator pitch
As always, the Office of Business Career Management team is here to answer any questions. Don’t hesitate to email us or schedule an appointment with your career advisor.