FIU VR Club - Make Your Own VR Game | Intro To Unreal 4 for VR
This is a past event.
Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 2:30pm to 4:00pm
PG6 - Tech Station, 116
11200 SW 8th ST 33199, PG6 - Tech Station, Miami, Florida 33199
Learn the ins and outs of creating virtual reality experiences for the first time, in a beginner-friendly workshop.
In this workshop, we’ll walk you through the process of:
- Getting Unreal Engine 4.20 up and running.
- How to create an Unreal project, and setting it up for VR.
- Walkthroughs of Unreal’s UI.
- Getting the Editor to run on low-end machines.
- Introduce Unreal’s visual scripting: Blueprints.
- Overview of the gameplay framework.
- Setting up a level from scratch.
Plus a bunch of documentation, templates, and other resources for ease of use and more info!
Students are not required to bring hardware for the event to attend.
However, if following along, a laptop that has Unreal 4.20 pre-installed is required (the installation can take very long, please do this ahead of time).
Unreal Engine 4.20 is obtained from Epic Game’s Launcher:
Epic Launcher Installer (download link)