Global Water Security Forum: Water Governance - Challenges from a Gender Perspective
This is a past event.
Monday, March 8, 2021 at 10:00am
The UNESCO Chair on Sustainable Water Security in the FIU Institute of Environment and the Steven J. Green School of International and Public Affairs invite you to discuss water security and governance as it relates to gender concerns with keynote speaker, Dr. Michela Miletto, and our team of expert panelists. As we celebrate and mark International Women’s Day, we are reminded of the importance of fostering gender diversity and meaningful participation by women in all forms of governance. This also holds true for water governance. The keynote address and panel discussion to follow will tackle this issue from a variety of perspectives and discuss solutions and policies that could address such deficiencies in governance.
Date & Time: March 8, 2021 | 10AM - 11:30AM (EST) | 4PM - 5:30PM (CET)
Location: Virtual - Zoom
Water Governance - Challenges from a Gender Perspective
By: Dr. Michela Miletto, Director & Coordinator of the UNESCO World Water Assessment Program (WWAP)
Dr. Michela Miletto joined UNESCO in 2008 as Deputy Coordinator of the World Water Assessment Programme; since January 2021 she is the new Coordinator and Director of this UNESCO programme. She has been involved for over 20 years in the assessment, development and management of water resources, and also worked in geothermal energy and environment. Her working experience in technical assistance includes projects implementation in various regions as the Mediterranean, the USA, Europe, Central and South America and the Caribbean, Eastern Africa and China.
- Dr. Suzanna Rose, Associate Provost for the Office to Advance Women, Equity & Diversity, FIU
- Ms. Léna Salamé, Lawyer & Conflict Mitigation Specialist, Water Ethics Network; Trustee, Water Witness International; Member, Secretariat of the Geneva Water Hub; Member, POINT
- Dr. Juliet Erazo, Associate Professor, Department of Global & Sociocultural Studies, Steven J. Green School of International and Public Affairs, FIU
- UNESCO Chair on Sustainable Water Security in the FIU Institute of Environment
- Steven J. Green School of International and Public Affairs
- UNESCO World Water Assessment Program (WWAP)
- FIU Office to Advance Women, Equity & Diversity
Register here: https://fiu.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIkf-6tqDItE9CF6h_mNA2LZG-hcUDZ0yhF