Last Day to Route Program for Doctoral Degree and Application for Candidacy to GPD
This is a past event.
Monday, July 31
Monday, July 31, 2023 is the last day to route the Program for Doctoral Degree and Application for Candidacy to the Graduate Program Director, Dr. Pruden. For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org: (1) memo from PD stating student successfully completed requirements to advance to candidacy and (2) If applicable, copy of student’s qualifying paper(s) (e.g., publication; grant submission; qualifying paper such as chapter) – this will vary depending on the program you are in as some programs do not have a paper requirement but an exam requirement.
Please have your committee complete CASE rubrics and send to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
The Program for Doctoral Degree and Application for Candidacy Form and required paperwork can be found at Online Dissertation Milestones - University Graduate School
To be eligible and what you will be asked:
- Complete all coursework and required number of credits.
- Pass all comprehensive and qualifying examination(s), as established by each academic department. These may include language requirements or other departmental requirements (if any).
- Maintained a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
- Cleared any incomplete grade(s)
- Any transfer of credits must be reflected in the FIU transcript prior to submission of this dissertation milestone.
- In general, doctoral students advanced to candidacy with a minimum of 60 graduate credits.
- Approved candidacy is required to commence dissertation credits enrollment.
The Online Dissertation Milestone – Activity Guide is available at https://my.fiu.edu/, under your Student environment, in the Tasks tile.