MFJMCE Two-Day EU Conference: European Union-Caribbean Relations Revisited
This is a past event.
Tuesday, February 18 at 9:00am to 4:00pm
Florida International University , MARC 290 11200 SW 8th St, Miami, FL 33199
Feb. 17-18, 2020
Two-day EU Conference: 'European Union-Caribbean relations revisited'
This conference will bring together European, Caribbean and US experts to discuss the relations between the EU and the Afro-Caribbean. Panels explore contemporary issues in bilateral relations, such as the impact of Brexit, climate change and the post-Cotonou development partnership. Moreover, the politics between both regions, mediated by forums such as the Caribbean Community of the Community of Latin American & Caribbean States will be analyzed. Lastly, covering the past, present and future of these relations, discussions highlight the post-colonial and critical perspectives needed to understand this complex relationship. This conference is open to the public.
Monday, February 17, 2020
- 5:00 p.m. -6.30 p.m. | Consular Roundtable
- 6.30 p.m. - 8 p.m. | Reception (by invitation only)
Tuesday, February 18, 2020
- 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. | Registration
- 9:00 a.m. - 9:05 a.m. | Opening Remarks
- 9:05 a.m. - 10.30 a.m. | Contemporary Issues in EU-Caribbean Relations
- 10:45 a.m - 12:15 p.m. | The politics of EU-Caribbean Relations
- 12:15 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. | Lunch (by invitation only)
- 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. | Looking to the future of EU-Caribbean relations
For more information, please contact Christine I. Caly-Sanchez at firstname.lastname@example.org
To register: click here
This event is free and open to the public and all FIU students.
The Miami-Florida Jean Monnet Center of Excellence | The Kimberly Green Latin American and Caribbean Center | The African and African Diaspora Studies Program
The Steven J. Green School of International and Public Affairs | The European & Eurasian Studies Program | The Department of Politics & International Relations | The European Student Association