Speaker Series: Designing ADHD Interventions for Implementation Under Real-World Conditions
This is a past event.
Friday, October 23, 2020 at 12:00pm to 1:00pmVirtual Event
About the Speaker
Joshua M. Langberg, PhD is the Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies in the College of Humanities of Sciences at Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) and a Professor in the Clinical Psychology Department at VCU. His clinical and research interests focus on improving the academic and behavioral functioning of youth with ADHD and the dissemination and implementation of evidence-based practices in school and community settings. He is the author or co-author of over 100 peer-reviewed publications and has served as the principal investigator on several awards from NIH and IES. He developed the Homework, Organization, and Planning Skills (HOPS) intervention which is used in many schools and clinics in the United States and abroad.
- Describe the tension between efficacy testing and the desire to generate large effects with the realities of intervention implementation in real world settings with limited resources
- Describe how the development of complex and expensive interventions may actually contribute to disparities in access to evidence-based mental health care given structural and systemic barriers routinely in place in under-resourced communities
- Explain the importance of intervention feasibility and the role of stakeholder input in intervention development
About the Speaker Series:
The Speaker Series presentations are designed to provide health and mental health professionals, educators, and students with current strategies for understanding, identifying, and treating children and adolescents with mental health problems.
All sessions are free and provide continuing education credits for mental health professionals.
The Speaker Series provides continuing education credits through:
- The American Psychological Association
- The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- The FIU Counselor Education Program, which is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP™) and a co-sponsor of the CCF presentations.
- The National Association of School Psychologists
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling; Florida Board of Psychology and Florida Office of School Psychology.
Dial-in instructions to be shared soon.