Speaker Series: Evidence-Based Psychotherapy for Youth with Mood Disorders
This is a past event.
Friday, March 26, 2021 at 12:00pm to 1:00pmVirtual Event
About the Speaker
Mary A. Fristad, Ph.D., ABPP, is Director of Research Development and Academic Affairs in the Division of Child & Family Psychiatry and Behavioral Health Services at Nationwide Children's Hospital and Emerita Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, Psychology, and Nutrition at the Ohio State University. She has served on the inaugural executive boards and been president of both the Society of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology and the American Board of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology. Currently, she serves on the NIMH Initial Review Group for Child Psychopathology and Developmental Disabilities and is Editor-in-Chief of Evidence-based Practice in Child and Adolescent Mental Health. Dr. Fristad's research focuses on assessment and treatment of mood disorders in children. She has more than 200 publications, including books and workbooks for parents, children and clinicians.
- Trace the timeline of assessing/treating childhood mood disorders in youth
- State complicating features of bereavement in youth
- Name the class of psychosocial interventions that is well-established for youth with bipolar disorders
- Describe ≥ 1 similarities and differences between BD1 & BP-NOS
- List 2 nutritional interventions with some evidence of benefit for youth with mood disorders
About the Speaker Series:
The Speaker Series presentations are designed to provide health and mental health professionals, educators, and students with current strategies for understanding, identifying, and treating children and adolescents with mental health problems.
All sessions are free and provide continuing education credits for mental health professionals.
The Speaker Series provides continuing education credits through:
- The American Psychological Association
- The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- The FIU Counselor Education Program, which is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP™) and a co-sponsor of the CCF presentations.
- The National Association of School Psychologists
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling; Florida Board of Psychology and Florida Office of School Psychology.