World AIDS Day Ball
This is a past event.
Tuesday, December 1, 2020 at 7:30pm to 10:30pmVirtual Event
LGBTQA Initiatives present's this year's World AIDS Day celebration virtually!
A Virtual Ball with performers competing in different categories from 7:30pm to 10:30pm - go.fiu.edu/wadball
- All competitors MUST sign up to compete at: go.fiu.edu/wadballcompete
- FIU panthers who wish to compete can learn more about what to expect by making an appointment for an info session at: ejfriedman.youcanbook.me
- And the categories are...
- Performance - In a world still void of a cure for HIV/AIDS, you’ve come to vogue (femme) for the CAUSE! We want ATTITUDE, but don’t forget the elements of VOGUE. (Open to all gender, styles, etc.)
- Face - In red and gold attire, sell it from the back in photoshoot mode, serving poses, but the main feature is your CARTA! (Open to all gender, styles, etc.)
- Runway - A devastating walk representing FIU’s mascot: The FIU PANTHER! (Open to all gender, styles, etc.)
- Arms Control - Tell us a story with red gloves!
- Bizarre - Bring your rendition of what the HIV/AIDS virus looks like through a microscope!
Hosted alongside Miami's Ballroom Scene, Equality Florida, Project Access Foundation, FIU's Healthy Living Program, FIU's CBRI/Cody the Camel Program, FIU's Center for Women and Gender Students, and FIU's Women's Center.
**Home HIV testing kits will be available for students to order and sign up for virtual testing sessions throughout the Month of November - Stay tuned for more info!**