- This event has passed.
Epidemiologist – CDC – San Juan, Puerto Rico
July 31, 2016 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Caduceus Healthcare specializes in staffing civilian healthcare professionals for U.S. military and government facilities and organizations primarily formultiple year assignments. We continue to build on our 8 years of success andunmatched growth having just achieved 3 consecutive years on the Inc. 500 and Hispanic Business 100 lists as one of the fastest growing businesses nationwide.
We have an exciting opportunity for a superb Epidemiologist assigned to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) in San Juan, Puerto Rico that offers a rewarding and unique healthcareopportunity to give back. Below is a summary of the responsibilities, required education, experience and skills we’re looking for in the best-fit candidate for this highly desirable opportunity with very competitive pay and full benefits.
- Serves as a project coordinator and recommends resources for epidemiologic projects.
- Reviews and approves the substance of reports, decisions, case documents, contracts, or other action documents to ensure that policies accurately reflect the position of the organization and the views of the agency.
- Designs, plans and initiates epidemiologic studies, surveys, and investigations.
- Participates in various aspects of the study or survey design process, including conducting a search or review of the existing literature and data in a specialty area, and preparing and/or presenting summaries for a variety of purposes.
- Monitors internal review board clearances and designs questionnaires and other data collection instruments.
- Identifies and analyzes public health issues and their impact on public policies or epidemiological studies or surveys.
- Serves as a national or internationally recognized consultant and expert on epidemiological issues on critical problems in the field of epidemiology.
- Evaluates data collection, quality control, and data utilization methods used to study epidemiological problems and issues.
- Identifies or develops appropriate intervention methods to identify, treat or resolve various medical issues or problems.
- Consults on technical problems with solutions that do not conform to established protocols and require the modification of approaches or applications in a specialty area.
- Provides epidemiological advice and/or assistance in the resolution of technical problems and/or issues that include significant barriers to program or project delivery.
- Provides consultative services on large and difficult programs or projects that have unusually demanding technical problems or issues.
- Formulates statistical methods and techniques, and conducts analysis of data while focusing on incident management policies and plans.
- Plans and carries out quality control programs and selects appropriate epidemiologic methods to be used in quality control analysis. This ensures the reliability and consistency of the data while measuring thedata limitations. Efforts include the identification of inadequacies and inconsistencies in data; development of procedures and methodology to modify the data; and overseeing the modification of the data.
- Provides scientific advice and technical assistance to various public, private, and/or nonprofit health and/or health-related agencies and organizations for specific complex programs or issues where the type of resources provided, and/or the impact on communities is extensive so program needs require the application of advanced scientific and technical methods and practices.
- Provides advice and assistance in the development and implementation of procedures, methods and strategies for obtaining and using scientific data which describe the prevalence of major health risks in an area, or the results of a scientific project or study.
- Evaluates a project or study data collection, quality control, and/or data utilizations methods.
- Identifies or develops appropriate methods to identify or resolve various, medical issues or problems, including interventions to improve the delivery of health care related to a specific public health area.
- Develops and coordinates the sharing of health-related educational or informational materials so that scientific advice and assistance is shared.
- Provides scientific consultative services to difficult programs or projects that have unusually demanding scientific problems or issues.
Education and Experience:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- PhD preferred, or Masters Degree plus equivalent work experience considered.
- Background in arboviral diseases or vector-borne diseasesexperience preferred.
- Previous CDC experience preferred.
Monday – Friday, days
Contact Dan Perry at (770) 357-2400 ext. 126, or email your resume/CV to:Jobs@CaduceusHealthcare.com