- This event has passed.
April 20 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
All volunteers are required to sign a release form prior to participation. Volunteers under the age of 18 must have a guardian’s signature. No children under 16 may be left unattended. Please contact us for information on access for persons with disabilities.
• Volunteer Days are 2 hour shifts beginning with a 15 minute tour of the Nature Preserve & Organic Garden. If your group would like to volunteer on a day other than what is listed, please fill out a request form on our website.
• Registration is online at http://GoGreen.FIU.edu by clicking the “Volunteer” button on the home page. It is not mandatory for individuals. If you have a group of 5 or more people, please notify us 1 week prior so that we may staff appropriately.
• Be on time. The Volunteer Staff Leader may turn away anyone who arrives more than 10 minutes late. Volunteers are responsible
for their own parking (visitors must park/pay at metered spaces).
• Meet at the East Entrance, underneath Parkview Housing. The tour will start
with the Nature Preserve and end at the Organic Garden.
• Come prepared, closed toe shoes required, long pants/sleeves, hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen are recommended. Volunteers should bring a reusable water bottle; cold drinking water will be provided. Volunteers are responsible for their own belongings; we recommend bringing as little as possible to the volunteer day.
• To Request a tour or special volunteer day, learn more about the Nature Preserve & Organic Garden, conduct research at FIU’s Nature Preserve & Organic Garden or Henington Island contact us.
• To earn Class Credit attendance sheets must be filled out completely and legibly, if we cannot read your information we cannot enter the information for class credit.
• “VIP” Volunteer Incentive Program to reward individuals or groups who complete a minimum of 6 volunteer hours at the Nature Preserve or Organic Garden or a combination of Nature Preserve & Organic Garden within any given semester. Hours can be accumulated through scheduled volunteer days, as well as, online event request.
•Contact us: http://GoGreen.FIU.edu GoGreen@FIU.edu (305)348-3717