- This event has passed.
Miami Herald Business Plan Challenge
January 30, 2017 @ 8:00 am - March 20, 2017 @ 11:55 pm
Enter the 2017 Miami Herald Business Plan Challenge presented by FIU’s Pino Global Entrepreneurship Center and FIU College of Business
Entry Dates: January 30th through March 20th, 2017
Entering the challenge can give you valuable media coverage in The Miami Herald as well as exposure to possible investors in your business.
The FIU Track is open to all current FIU Students & Alumni.
Submit your entry:
- Executive Summary maximum of 3 pages, minimum 10pt font.
- Must include 1 Additional Page for Financial Analysis / Projections.
- Recommended to include Risk Factors Associated & Exit Strategy.
- Have a 5 minute PowerPoint Presentation of your business plan ready should you be selected as a Semi-Finalist.
Submit your Business Plan via email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your FIU Student ID Number.
Important Challenge Dates
Monday, January 30th
Official Call for Entries and cover story in The Miami Herald Business Monday.
Monday, March 20th
All entries must be submitted no later than 11:59 pm – NO EXCEPTIONS!
Monday, April 3rd
FIU Track Live Pitch Presentation.
Monday, May 8th
The Miami Herald Business Monday cover story will announce judges’ winners and People’s Pick with profiles of winners.
Add to Personal Calendar
- January 30, 2017 @ 8:00 am
- March 20, 2017 @ 11:55 pm
- Event Categories:
- Alumni Association, American Marketing Association, Black Student Union, Business, Campus Life, Campus Life – BBC, Campus Life – MMC, Career Management Services, Career Services at College of Engineering and Computing, Center for Leadership, Chaplin School of Hospitality and Tourism Management, College of Engineering and Computing, Community, Division of External Programs, Education, Faculty & Staff, Honors Alumni, Honors College, Law, Main Calendar, Nicole Wertheim College of Nursing & Health Sciences, Pino Global Entrepreneurship Center, Robert Stempel College of Public Health & Social Work, SJMC alumni, Steven J. Green School of International and Public Affairs, Student Affairs, Student Alumni Assoc., Student Government Association, Undergraduate Education, University College, University Graduate School
- Event Tags:
- Alumni & Community, business, business plan, COB, college of business, Entrepreneurship, Faculty & Staff, FIU, FIU Alumni, FIU Students, Student Life