- This event has passed.
Miami International Child & Adolescent Mental Health Conference
February 22, 2017 @ 8:00 am - February 24, 2017 @ 6:00 pm
The Center for Children and Families is thrilled to once again host its child and adolescent mental health biennial conference in Miami! The Miami International Child & Adolescent Mental Health (MICAMH) Conference (formerly known as Niagara in Miami), is a leading interdisciplinary conference that presents state-of-the-art, evidence-based prevention and treatment interventions for mental health and educational problems in children and adolescents. Didactic lectures and hands-on experience will be combined to teach professionals the basic principles and advanced strategies of effective psychosocial, psychoeducational, and combined interventions, including clinic-based treatments, school-wide interventions and parent training.
The conference teaches attendees the basic principles of effective intervention in the following areas:
- Parent training
- Combined interventions
Up to 18 continuing education credit/contact hours are offered for:
- Psychologists, APA
- Counselors, NBCC
- School Psychologists, NASP
- Social Workers, NASW (pending approval)
*Discounts are available for students, state university employees and school employees. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Add to Personal Calendar
- February 22, 2017 @ 8:00 am
- February 24, 2017 @ 6:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Arts, Sciences & Education, Center for Children and Families, Department of Psychology, Nicole Wertheim College of Nursing & Health Sciences, School of Social Work, Student Health Services, Women in Medicine and Science
- Event Tags:
- College of Arts Sciences & Education, Department of Psychology