- This event has passed.
March 23 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
All volunteers are required to sign a release form prior to participation. Volunteers under the age of 18 must have a guardian’s signature. No children under 16 may be left unattended. Please contact us for information on access for persons with disabilities.
• Volunteer Days are 2 hour shifts beginning with a 15 minute tour of the Nature Preserve & Organic Garden. If your group would like to volunteer on a day other than what is listed, please fill out a request form on our website.
• Registration is online at http://GoGreen.FIU.edu by clicking the “Volunteer” button on the home page. It is not mandatory for individuals. If you have a group of 5 or more people, please notify us 1 week prior so that we may staff appropriately.
• Be on time. The Volunteer Staff Leader may turn away anyone who arrives more than 10 minutes late. Volunteers are responsible
for their own parking (visitors must park/pay at metered spaces).
• Meet at the East Entrance, underneath Parkview Housing. The tour will start
with the Nature Preserve and end at the Organic
• Come prepared, closed toe shoes required, long pants/sleeves, hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen are recommended. Volunteers
should bring a reusable water bottle; cold drinking water will be provided. Volunteers are responsible for their own belongings;
we recommend bringing as little as possible to the volunteer day.
• To Request a tour or special volunteer day, learn more about the Nature Preserve & Organic Garden, conduct research at FIU’s
Nature Preserve & Organic Garden or Henington Island contact us.
•To earn Class Credit attendance sheets must be filled out completely and legibly, if we cannot read your information we cannot
enter the information for class credit
• “VIP” Volunteer Incentive Program to reward individuals or groups who complete a minimum of 6 volunteer hours at the Nature
Preserve or Organic Garden or a combination of Nature Preserve & Organic Garden within any given semester. Hours can be
accumulated through scheduled volunteer days, as well as, online event request.
• Contact us: http://GoGreen.FIU.edu GoGreen@FIU.edu (305)348-3717