Speaker Series: Intervention for children with ADHD & co-existing Dyslexia
December 8 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Based on the presentation, participants will earn one free continuing education credit and be able to:
- Describe the prevalence, key characteristics, and functional impairments of children with ADHD and co-existing Dyslexia
- Discuss current intervention approaches for youngsters with ADHD and co-existing Dyslexia
- Critique the presented randomized controlled trial of multi-modal intervention for children with ADHD and co-existing Dyslexia
About the speaker:
Rosemary Tannock is now Professor Emerita at the University of Toronto but continues as a Senior Scientist at the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, Canada, She held a Tier 1 Canada Research Chair in Special Education at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education in the University of Toronto from January 2006-February 2013.
Her clinical research program, which focuses on the nature and treatment of cognitive and academic impairments in ADHD and Specific Learning Disorders, has been funded continuously since 1990 from peer-reviewed Canadian and USA federal grants.
From 2007-2013, she was a member of the DSM-5 Work Group on ADHD and Externalizing Disorders and liaison-consultant to the Neurodevelopment Disabilities Work Group for Specific Learning Disabilities. Currently, she is an appointed member of the Steering Committee for the WHO International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) Core Set for ADHD & a consultant for the ICD-11 section on Specific Learning Disorders.
Add to Personal Calendar
- December 8
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Arts, Sciences & Education, Center for Children and Families, Continuing & Professional Education at the Robert Stempel College of Public Health & Social Work, Department of Psychology, Main Calendar, School of Integrated Science and Humanity, Speaker Series
- Event Tags:
- CASE, Center for Children and Families, FIU, school of Integrated Science and Humanity
- Academic Health Center 1-Center for Children and Families, Room 110
11200 s.w. 8th Street
Miami, 33199 United States + Google Map