- This event has passed.
Tips and Tricks to Apply for Summer Research Programs
December 12, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 pm
Take a Study Break!
Attend our FREE Workshop!
Learn How to Prepare your Summer Research Experience Applications
Food & Snacks will be on the house!
Tuesday, Dec 12th, 2017
10:00 – 11:30 AM
We want YOU to apply for 8-10 week PAID summer research opportunities with the STROBE project, where you will head to the west coast to explore cutting-edge frontiers of imaging science in Boulder – CO, Berkeley and/or LA !
FIU undergraduates at all academic levels have priority, since FIU is a core collaborator on the STROBE project!
Join us and get started on your applications NOW!
- Prepare a summer research program application
- Receive feedback on your personal statement and learn tips for making your letter stand out.
- How and where to request a letter of recommendation
- What you can gain from participating in a REU (skills, network, experience, mentors, knowledge!)
- Where to find opportunities and resources which matches your need and interest!
STROBE (Science and Technology Center for Functional Imaging) is a collaborative project led by University of Colorado- Boulder in partnership with UC Berkeley, UCLA, UC Irvine, Fort Lewis College and of course, FIU! STROBE is breaking down the frontiers of imaging science by integrating electron, x-ray and optical nanoscopy in order to address the Nation’s grand challenges in Science and Technology.
(We also accept applications all year round)
Add to Personal Calendar
- December 12, 2017
- 10:00 am - 11:30 pm
- Event Categories:
- Academic, Admissions, Adult Education and Human Resource Development, Advanced Mass Spectrometry Facility, Advanced Materials Engineering Research Institute, Aquarius Reef Base, Arts, Sciences & Education, Bioinorganic and Environmental Analytical Facility, Biomedical Engineering Department, Biomolecular Sciences Institute, Black Student Union, Campus Life, Campus Life – BBC, Campus Life – MMC, Career and Talent Development, Career Management Services, Career Services at College of Engineering and Computing, CASE Advising, CASE Thesis and Dissertation Defenses, CEC Dean's Office, Center for Aquatic Chemistry and the Environment, Center for Coastal Oceans Research, Center for Excellence in Writing, Center for Leadership, Center for Leadership and Service, Center for the Humanities in an Urban Environment, Civil and Environmental Engineering Department, Cognitive Neuroscience and Imaging Center, College of Engineering and Computing, Department of Biological Sciences, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Department of Earth and Environment, Department of Leadership and Professional Studies, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Department of Philosophy, Department of Physics, Department of Psychology, Department of Teaching and Learning, Division of External Programs, Division of Information Technology, DNA Core Facility, Ecotoxicology and Risk Assessment Laboratory, Education, Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, Electronics Shop, Engineering Management Programs, Environmental Health, External Relations, Faculty & Staff, Field Operations Center, First Year Programs, FIU NIGMS RISE, FIU Online, FIU Stempel College Internship & Fellowship Opportunities, FIU Stempel College Professional Opportunities, Florida Center for Analytical Electron Microscopy, Florida Coastal Everglades Long Term Ecological Research, Forensic and Analytical Toxicology Facility, Forensic DNA Profiling Facility, Freshwater Biogeochemistry Laboratory, Gaiser Lab, Honors College, Honors Events, Institute of Water and Environment, International Center for Tropical Botany, International Forensic Research Institute, Internships, IT Department, Machine Shop, Macroeconomics, Main Calendar, Marine Sciences Program, Math Mastery Lab, Mechanical and Materials Engineering Department, Medina Aquarius Program, Metropolitan Center, Ocean Life Series, Office of Engagement, Office of Study Abroad, Office of University Sustainability, Research, School of Computing and Information Sciences, School of Construction, School of Education and Human Development, School of Environment, Arts and Society, School of Integrated Science and Humanity, Sea Levels Solutions Center, Southeast Environmental Research Center, Stable Isotope Laboratory, STEM Transformation Institute, Stocker AstroScience Center, Student Affairs, Student Events, Student Government Association, Toxic Algae Culture Core Facility, Trace Evidence Analysis Facility, Trace Metal Facility Core, Tropical Conservation Institute, Undergraduate Education, University College, Wertheim Conservatory