Learn how to grow your business via contracting opportunities with Miami-Dade County and Florida International University. This powerful networking / outreach event will also include a value-added “Lunch-N-Learn”, under the theme: “Cybersecurity”. This workshop will be a forum where business owners will learn how to take practical measures to protect their business from cyber threats:
- Explore possible contracting opportunities with many Miami-Dade County agencies and FIU Departments.
- Build relationships with large prime contractors and subcontractors.
- Learn how to become certified as a Small Business Enterprise.
- Ensure proper vendor registration.
- What are the biggest cyber threats for small businesses?
- How do I best protect my business against a cyber-breach?
CRI Lecture: “The Imagined Revolution: Cuba and the Vision of José Antonio Echeverria”
José Antonio Echeverria (1932-1957) was a Cuban Student Leader who played a major role in the popular movement to overthrow Batista’s government. This lecture will attempt to recover Echeverría’s revolutionary ideals, based on national sovereignty and free elections, through his own words as documented in public speeches and writings. Guest speaker: Dr. Lilian Guerra. Event will be in Spanish, free and open to the public. For information & to RSVP, call (305)348-1991.
Enter the 2017 Miami Herald Business Plan Challenge presented by FIU’s Pino Global Entrepreneurship Center and FIU College of Business
Entry Dates: January 30th through March 20th, 2017
Entering the challenge can give you valuable media coverage in The Miami Herald as well as exposure to possible investors in your business.
The FIU Track is open to all current FIU Students & Alumni.
Submit your entry:
- Executive Summary maximum of 3 pages, minimum 10pt font.
- Must include 1 Additional Page for Financial Analysis / Projections.
- Recommended to include Risk Factors Associated & Exit Strategy.
- Have a 5 minute PowerPoint Presentation of your business plan ready should you be selected as a Semi-Finalist.
Submit your Business Plan via email to email@example.com along with your FIU Student ID Number.
Important Challenge Dates
Monday, January 30th
Official Call for Entries and cover story in The Miami Herald Business Monday.
Monday, March 20th
All entries must be submitted no later than 11:59 pm – NO EXCEPTIONS!
Monday, April 3rd
FIU Track Live Pitch Presentation.
Monday, May 8th
The Miami Herald Business Monday cover story will announce judges’ winners and People’s Pick with profiles of winners.